Footage of Khodorkovsky, a Russian wealthiest man. At the time his fortune was worth $15 billion. Moreover, Forbes ranked him as a 16th on the list of billionaires. Here, we present video clips of the richest man in Russia, a favourable Boris Yeltsin oligarch. Later, Khodorkovsky was jailed for eight years on fraud and tax evasion charges.
He showed political ambitions and publicly clashed with President Vladimir Putin.
Russian State takes over of his Yukos oil company.
Forming Yuxi -the third-largest private oil company in the world.
Stock footage of winter of 1997-1998. The prospect of Rosneft’s privatization grew dim. Berezovsky decided to reduce his involvement in the oil business. He decided to merge Sibneft with Russia’s second-largest oil producer, Yukos, controlled by oligarch Mikhail Khodorkovsky. The name of the new giant was supposed to be Yuksi. 60 per cent would belong to the shareholders of Yukos, the remaining 40 per cent would belong to the shareholders of Sibneft. In terms of production scale and available resources, Yuxi would become the third-largest private oil company in the world.
Stock footage featuring four Russian oligarchs Berezovsky Gusinsky, Smolensky and Khodorkovsky. They became shareholders in the new oil company.